Know When is Raksha Bandhan 2018 Date Day, History, Meaning. Raksha Bandhan History, meaning gift ideas.
This Year Raksha Bandhan in 2018 is on Saturday, the 25th of August (25/8/2018).
Raksha Bandhan History
The Rajput and Maratha queens had sent Rakhis to the Mughal emperors and they were called their Rakhi-sisters. They offered help and protection at critical moments and honored the bond relation.
Alexander the Great’s wife Roxana sent a sacred thread to King Porus, asking him not to harm her husband in battle and when Porus was about to deliver a final blow to Alexander, he saw the Rakhi on his own wrist and restrained himself from attacking Alexander personally.
When Rani Karnavati, the widowed queen of the king of Chittor, realized that she could not defend her territory from the invasion by the Sultan of Gujarat, Bahadur Shah, she sent a Rakhi to Emperor Humayun. Touched, the Emperor immediately set off with his troops to defend Chittor.
Raksha Bandhan Meaning
Raksha Bandhan (also known as Rakhi) is the ‘bond of protection’ provided by a brother to a sister; the festival is celebrated by both Hindus and Sikhs. It is celebrated on Purnima (full moon) in the hindu calendar month of Shraavan. The festival is celebrated by the sister tying a holy thread – the Rakhi, on her brother’s wrist; this symbolises a pledge that both will pray for the others’ well being, and that the brother will look after his sister in all circumstances.
Raksha Bandhan 2018 Information
This ancient Hindu festival is also known as Rakhi Purnima. It is celebrated on the full moon of the Hindu month ‘Shravana’. In 2018, Raksha Bandhan is a public holiday in the following regions: Gujarat, Haryana, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh.
Dates of Raksha Bandhan by year
- Raksha Bandhan Wishes Quotes For Brother Sister
- When is Raksha Bandhan in 2025 Date Day, History, Meaning
- When is Raksha Bandhan in 2024 Date Day, History, Meaning
- When is Raksha Bandhan in 2023 Date Day, History, Meaning
- When is Raksha Bandhan in 2022 Date Day, History, Meaning
- When is Raksha Bandhan in 2021 Date Day, History, Meaning
- When is Raksha Bandhan in 2020 Date Day, History, Meaning
- When is Raksha Bandhan In 2019 Date Day, History, Meaning
- When is Raksha Bandhan 2018 Date Day, History, Meaning
Other Hindu Holidays in 2018:
- Happy Diwali Jokes in Hindi, English, Marathi – Funny Jokes 2018
- Happy Diwali Funny Messages – Diwali Funny Sms – Short Diwali Status Sms 2018
- Happy Diwali Messages – Diwali Sms Wishes 2018
- Happy Diwali Messages Sms in Hindi, Marathi, English, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu 2018
- Happy Diwali Whatsapp Messages Status – Facebook Status 2018
- Happy Diwali Quotes -Diwali Wishes 2018
- Best Quotes for Diwali in Hindi, English, Marathi 2018
- Happy Diwali Funny Quotes – Short Diwali quotes 2018
- Ganesh Chaturthi Wishes, Sms, Messages 2018
- When is Vishwakarma Puja in 2018? Date, Time, History, Muhurat, Mantra