National Kissing Day, or World Kiss Day and International Kissing Day 2018, is a nonofficial holiday that is celebrated every year. It is going to be celebrated on Friday, 13 April International Kissing Day 2018. It is a holiday in which people are encouraged to pucker up and kiss the person they love.
History of National Kissing Day
No one really knows when National Kissing Day was created. However, it is believed that it was created in the United Kingdom sometime during the 19th century. Regardless of where it originated, however, it has spread all over the globe and is celebrated in many different countries.
Benefits of Kissing
Kissing is not only a fun activity, but it also contains some health benefits for both of the participants – besides making them happy. These benefits include:
- Kissing leads to increased saliva production which can lead to a healthier mouth
- Kissing burns 6 calories a minute
- Kissing can build up immunity by introducing them to their partner’s mouth bacteria
- Kissing relieves stress
- Kissing can ease allergy symptoms
Why Do People Kiss?
No one is really sure why people kiss but scientists do have a number of theories. One of these theories is that this behavior has been learned from our ancestors. Mothers used to chew their babies’ food and then spit it into the mouths of their infants. Some scientists say that the fact that 9 out of 10 people in the world proves that it’s a learned behavior because if it was instinctual, then all humans would kiss.
Other scientists believe it’s instinctual, however, and point to the animal kingdom to prove their point. After all, there are a number of animals which kiss. These include squirrels, African Gray Parrots, meerkats, chimpanzees, puffins, cows and even elephants.
Another popular theory as to why we kiss is that it is a way to find a potential mate. When two people are kissing, they are not only exchanging saliva but they are also exchanging pheromones. This may let a person’s body know if that person is a potential mater or not.
Celebrating National Kissing Day
The only real way to celebrate National Kissing Day is by kissing the people that you love. Whether that’s a romantic kiss that you share with your partner or a quick kiss on your mother’s cheek, the purpose of this day is really to let the people you love know you love them.
Dates of Kiss Day by year
Other Fun Festivals in 2018:
- Happy Thanksgiving for Birthday Wishes Images on Facebook 2018
- Happy Thanksgiving Wishes for Friends, Family, Clients 2018
- Funny Thanksgiving Sayings, Wishes 2018
- Happy Thanksgiving Sayings, Quotes, Images 2018
- Happy Thanksgiving Quotes for Teacher, Sister, Husband, Parents 2018
- Happy Thanksgiving Quotes to God 2018
- Happy Thanksgiving Christian Quotes 2018
- Happy Thanksgiving Thankful Quotes 2018
- Happy Thanksgiving Blessing Quotes 2018
- Happy Thanksgiving Quotes Short 2018